India Gets Its first ‘Time to 3D’ Store In Mumbai
Time To 3D is India’s first-of-its-kind 3D printing hub located at Mumbai. While 3D printing technology has been around for three decades, it has mainly been restricted to industrial and B2B applications. Founder Mr. Rahul Shah sensed the need to bring this technology to direct consumers, and to bridge the gap between technological advancement and public awareness. As a result, Time To 3D was founded with the aim of creating a platform to increase awareness on 3D printing and to engage directly with consumers.
This initiative is a partnership between Imaginarium (India’s largest 3D printing company) and the Time Media Group. You will find state of the art equipment at the hub that can cater to both consumers and industries. As planned consumers have full access to 3D printing technology at this hub.
HIGHLIGHTS AT THE HUB
1. 3D Printing Services – Consumers and enthusiasts of 3D printing now have an all access brick and mortar store where they can get all their 3D printing requirements met. Customers have a choice of bringing in their own 3D digital file or download one free from the internet. They can also choose from a range of novelty customized products including miniature selfies of themselves.
2. Workshops/Courses – Regular workshops and courses are conducted at the hub that are designed for anyone of any age in any field where no prior knowledge of 3D printing is required. These workshops can also be tailor made for large groups that want to host an event such as seminars, offsite activities, kids birthdays and so on.
3. Doodle Pen Sessions – Compact and easy to use 3D doodle pens extrudes heated plastic that cools down immediately to form a solid object. The hub offers hands on 3D doodle pen sessions for 30 minutes, 60 minutes and 90 minutes.
4. Business Offering – Time To 3D caters to clientele in the fields of jewellery, engineering, aerospace, architecture, medical, dental, fashion, interior design, automobile, prototyping, manufacturing, education, casting/moulding, entertainment and many more.
5. Other offerings – True to their word of being a one stop shop for 3D printing, the hub also offers 3D printers, 3D doodle pens and 3D filaments for customers to purchase directly. Unlike any other platform, consumers have the opportunity to walk in and experience 3D printers and doodle pens first hand before making a purchase.